Real estate IRAs offer unique opportunities for account owners to use their own knowledge and expertise to create retirement income. Anyone in any profession can put their experience to work by investing what they know best. For realtors, understanding and using real estate IRAs offers two fantastic opportunities: Realtors themselves can use these accounts as powerful investing tools to build their own retirement wealth. They can also use this knowledge as a business-building resource.
You’ll find out how to
- Apply your local market intelligence to refine this starting point with adjustments
- Subtract value for needed home improvements
- Further adjust a property’s value based on market and home conditions
- Adjust the weight of comps so you can judge which should be considered more
- Lead clients through the intricacies of market realities with easy-to-understand facts and graphics
- Create an RPR Seller’s Report that shows off your market expertise.
National Real Estate Investor
In our Spring webinar with NREI, RCLCO outlined an approach to contrarian investing in real estate – a framework for identifying where long-term fundamentals and the current attention of capital are misaligned. The challenge, of course, is pricing the risk in this approach and understanding where you are getting paid for avoiding the herd mentality and where you are taking long bets with uncertain payoff. Almost 1,000 people watched the first webinar, and a majority expressed an interest in this approach to investing, but with the primary hesitations arising from the difficulties in underwriting this type of investment and in figuring out how these strategies fit within a broader real asset investment portfolio.
Watch this webinar — part of the Global PropTech #15 online event on the impact of ESG — if you want to gain a better understanding of how smart technology can reduce the carbon footprint of buildings.