Hunzinger is a fourth generation, family-owned company that has continuously served the construction industry in Southeast Wisconsin since 1907. Founded in Iowa by brothers John, Frank, Fred, and Charles, who wanted to leave their farm lives behind, the company was called J.H. Hunzinger and Company. They began modestly by building one-room schoolhouses and homes using mule teams to do everything from hauling materials to digging basements. Twenty-one years later in 1928, Frank and Fred Hunzinger moved to Milwaukee and began their own construction firm – Hunzinger Construction Company. Together, they took on new projects, first building schools and churches, and later office buildings and manufacturing plants. Their survival and flourishing growth following The Great Depression years allowed the company to thrive and expand, completing projects from Minnesota to Texas.